“Spring is the time of plans and projects.” - Leo Tolstoy. If you’re like me, springtime inspires you to open your windows and roll up your sleeves to get your house in tip-top shape.
Here are 3 home improvement tips for spring in New Brunswick to get your home looking like new.
1. Perform A Spring Checkup For Energy Efficiency And Safety
Spring is one of the best times to check that all of your home’s systems are running properly for the summer. Here are some things you should inspect every spring in New Brunswick:
- HVAC System. Test your air conditioning system to ensure that it’s ready for summer. Increase your HVAC system’s energy efficiency by replacing your furnace and air conditioning filters. Some HVAC companies offer this service for a small cost.
- Smoke Detectors. Keep your family safe by testing your smoke and carbon monoxide alarms. Put fresh batteries in your alarms in the spring and in the fall.
- Caulking and Windows. Inspect the caulking around doors and windows as well as kitchen and bathroom fixtures for small cracks. Repair the caulking if needed. Install window treatments, including plantation shutters, to increase your window’s energy efficiency. Open up each window to check that they can freely move.
2. Give Your House A Deep Clean So That It Shines
The best way to make your house sparkle is with a deep clean. Start by decluttering all of your rooms to open up the space. Next, clean anything you don’t scrub every week such as floors, kitchen and bathroom walls, baseboards, and ceiling fans. Wipe your fixtures until they shine. Move your furniture to clean the areas under and behind it and then vacuum your furniture.
Bring in more natural light by cleaning your windows. Scrub your windows and screens to get rid of smudges and dirt. Clean your shades and draperies and wipe down your shutters. You can clean your blinds with an ultrasonic cleaning treatment.
3. Give Your Rooms a New Look By Redecorating
After you’ve cleaned your house, it’s time for the fun part: redecorating.
The easiest way to redecorate your rooms is to use what you already have. Rearranging your furniture can give the room a completely new look. Or try shopping your house, which means switching out the items you already have between rooms. Add more color with bright accessories, fresh paint, and live plants.
If you want to completely redo a room, then check out our idea gallery for new ideas and inspiration. It’s packed with photos of different styles of rooms and window treatments for any space in your home. Once you’ve picked colors and the style for your room, you can bring in coordinating paint colors, furniture, and accent pieces.
Window treatments are an easy piece to update that complements your current style and freshens up your rooms. You can choose from a variety of shutters including plantation shutters, barn door shutters, and reclaimed wood shutters. We also offer blinds and shades.
Get More Design Tips
Dive into our design tips for even more ideas for inspiration. And if you find a look and window treatment that you want for your home, call us at 732-301-6168 or fill out the form below to schedule a free in-home consultation. Our team of professionals will guide you in choosing the perfect window treatment to give your room a beautiful new look this spring.